Whatever your level; learning Arabic in Morocco is the best way to accelerate your language learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local Moroccan culture and progress rapidly practising your new found skills in your free time.
Combine your Arabic lessons with learning to create traditional Moroccan ceramics on this Arabic and ceramics course in Tetouan, Morocco.
You will be taught to speak Arabic by highly qualified native Arabic speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven language teaching techniques.
You’ll have 2 ceramic lessons each week to fully immerse yourself in the country’s decorative ceramics, pottery and culture.
Get more from your holiday, have fun, meet new people and take home two new skills that will stay with you forever.
- Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced Arabic learners
- If you are a complete beginner we recommend that you take a minimum of 4 weeks Arabic course
- During this course you will learn Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)
- 80% of students at the school choose to take MSA, however if you would also like to learn Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA) you can supplement your Arabic course with extra private lessons where you can focus on CMA or you may be able to transfer your MSA to a CMA course during your time at the school depending on availability
- Moroccan ceramic courses are suitable for all
- Minimum age 16 (Those below the age of 18 must provide parental consent)
Arabic And Moroccan Ceramic Courses Start Days
- The school is open year round
- Arabic and ceramic courses start on Mondays throughout the year
- If you book the optional accommodation with this learning holiday, you’ll check-in on Sunday before the course starts
How Will I Learn Modern Standard Arabic?
- MSA is the written component of Arabic and is developed from Classical Arabic - the language of the Quran
- MSA is also the language used in newspapers and all other media so learning to read and write in your MSA classes will enable you to follow current day-to-day events in the Middle East and North Africa
- You will focus on the four main Arabic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening
- There will be individual and group work such as role plays and conversation practice
- You’ll also work on developing your grammar in practical contexts
- You will learn with a wide range of teaching aids; language text books, Arabic press, audio/video, Arabic songs and games and each week your linguistic skills are assessed to ensure you are always in the right group for your level
- Please note all Arabic lessons will be held in the native language of Arabic; a proven teaching technique that will fully immerse you in the language and accelerate your learning experience
What Will I Learn During The Moroccan Ceramics Course?
- Your ceramics course will be taught by teachers or student from the Moroccan School of Traditional Arts and Crafts
- You will learn about the basic principles and history of Moroccan ceramics and pottery
- Lessons will focus on the materials used and the production of the many magnificent colours used
- At first you will watch the teacher at work before getting involved and assisting with production yourself
Arabic Course Schedule
- Classes start at 9am or 2pm each day year round depending on your language level
- Classes run daily Monday through to Friday each week
- You will have 4 group classes per day lasting 55 minutes each
- You will have a 5 minute break every hour
- The language school is open during the month of Ramadan but there will be a slight change in the schedule; you will receive your schedule the day before Ramadan begins
Moroccan Ceramics Course Schedule
- You will have two ceramic classes per week lasting 1.5 hours each
- Ceramic lessons will take place on Tuesday and Thursday each week
- Your lessons will take place early in the morning or at the start of the afternoon
- Lessons will take place in either a school classroom, a local association or public workshop
Free Time In Tetouan, Morocco
Many people on these holiday courses travel solo as they make perfect singles holidays so the language school organises a host of social and cultural activities each week to help you to get to know your fellow classmates and to integrate you into the Moroccan way of life, some activities are free and others have a small charge and may include:
- Lectures on a variety of topics and issues surrounding Moroccan history, culture and social issues
- Guided tours and visits of Tetouan and the city’s museums
- Outings to popular local restaurants or international potluck in the school where students can experience each other’s culture and food
- Music concerts
- Watching Arabic movies at the school
- On the weekend you can enjoy the city’s excellent beaches or evergreen mountains
- The language school also offer excursions to many cities such as, Tangier, Fez or Marrakech and the fabulous Moroccan desert
- You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax on this language learning holiday
Arabic Language Level Test
- Please arrive at the school by 8.30am on your first day for a short level test
- This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Optional Arrival Transfer
- All courses include an arrival transfer from Tangier airport, bus or train station or Tangier or Ceuta seaports to your accommodation in Tetouan
- Please enter your arrival details in to the ‘Special Requirements’ box during the booking process
- Please note in the case of late arrivals (12-6am) students will be required to pay a fee of €20 for this service
- We recommend that you take a small Arabic dictionary, pens and paper with you
- If there are only 2 students in your language level group, the school reserves the right to replace the 4 daily group lessons with 3 group lessons per day
- However, should you be the only student within your language level the school will replace the 4 daily group lessons with 2 private lessons per day
- Depending on the duration on your stay, this language school offers a choice of optional accommodation either staying with a local Moroccan family to immerse yourself in the Moroccan culture and practice your Arabic or in a local hotel recommended by the language school
- Accommodation details for your chosen course duration can be seen under the ‘Course Overview’ tab and can be added during the booking process
- Please note that this school charges a compulsory course enrolment fee, this is not included in the price and will be charged as an extra during the booking process, click on dates & booking and select a date to check the price
Go learn to speak Arabic in Morocco and combine with a Moroccan ceramics course on this learning holiday with a difference.