Beautiful countryside walks, healthy meals and fresh fruit and vegetables, wine tasting, NLP, and hypnotherapy are amongst the tools that make up this a one of a kind 4 night/5 day walking, weight loss and wine tasting holiday. Set in unspoilt countryside amidst orchards, vineyards, forests with idyllic views of the Pyrenees mountains, and with an abundance of excellent red wine, this holiday offers an experience far from a typical weight loss retreat.
The weight loss programme is enriched by NLP - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (to motivate the conscious mind) - medical hypnotherapy (to motivate the unconscious mind) and walking (to cleanse the body and improve fitness). This unique combination of activities ensures you can enjoy healthy living and weight loss results in the long term, long after the retreat is over.
Dr Margaretha Montegu, your host for the retreat, has run the retreats for a number of years and is highly experienced helping guests achieve their weight loss goals– including herself. Margaretha is a retired medical professional, qualified in NLP, hypnotherapy, equine assisted therapy, and a wonderful host who leads the majority of your activities.
Groups are kept small, a maximum of 6 participants at a time, to ensure full attention to each guest and you will receive a bespoke service during your holiday to ensure you achieve your fitness targets
Invigorating, healthy guided walks start your day to wake up and cleanse both mind and body. Walks take in the beauty of the surrounding area - exploring hidden treasures, lakes, hills and chateaux.
Delicious, nourishing healthy juices are on the menu for the 5 days of your stay. Meals are designed to offer healthy nutritional benefits, and also guide you and your body into healthy eating choices in the long term.
NLP and hypnotherapy, also offer tools to change the mind set of dieting to ensure effects are lasting. Healthy eating choices will become the norm as you enjoy these relaxing sessions in the manor’s grounds and paddocks where the horses are kept.
One afternoon offers a guided excursion to Saint Mont monastery and abbey as well as its pretty medieval village. On one other afternoon a tutored wine tasting will take place at the Saint Mont winery. Charles, Margaretha’s husband and wine connoisseur, will guide you in the art of tasting wine. You can experience its unique subtle flavours, learn about its production and share Charles’ extensive knowledge of the wine of the region.
In between activities explore the manor’s stunning surroundings, curl up with a good book and a blanket by the pond, sit in the sunny courtyard, go for a swim, lounge in the orchard or enjoy an alfresco siesta.
The 18th century French manor where you’ll stay has been beautifully restored to offer the most hospitable and relaxing experience for all who stay here. Guests can enjoy private en suite rooms, welcoming hosts who are on hand to make your stay exceptional, an elegant dining room, equipped gym, swimming pool, secluded courtyards, a natural spring and 12 acres of grounds to explore.
This retreat is a wonderful combination of expert professional help, alternative therapies and wonderful walks to offer a relaxing, effective, revitalising and educational experience.
- The walking, weight loss and wine tasting holiday has been specially designed for guests who want to lose weight – whether you are looking for a unique way to de-stress or get fitter
- The retreat suits those looking for an effective retreat experience without pure fasting, military style exercise boot camps, or radical treatments
- This weight loss program is aimed at those who are looking to revolutionise their lifestyle, diet and body in order to lead a more fulfilling and healthier life well after the retreat is over
- You must be well to start the weight loss program and if you suffer from any medical condition, it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner before beginning any fasting or weight loss program
- Minimum age 18
- These wellness holidays make great singles holidays and singles are welcome to join an existing group
- Solo travellers can share a room with a guest of the same gender for no extra cost
- There are also NO single supplements if you wish to have your own private room, which makes this holiday a great option for solo travellers
- Should you wish to have your own private room, please state this in the ‘special requests’ box during the booking process
- Groups are kept to minimum of 6 to give maximum attention to participants
Holiday Start Days
- This holiday runs April-October and arrival can be any day of the week
- If you would like to check when other guests are booked on the course, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 08445 020445 but please bear in mind, many people book last minute and we may not always have the most up to date bookings for a specific date
- If this course appears ‘on request’ we can usually accommodate your requirements, to check availability, email us on email@example.com or call us on 08445 020445 with your preferred dates and someone will get back to you very quickly
Walking, Weight Loss & Wine Tasting Holiday Itinerary
Please note: the itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
Day 1 – Arrival day
- You can check-in to the accommodation any time after 4pm and upon arrival will be welcomed with a refreshing cup of herbal tea, either served hot or on ice depending on the day’s weather
- After introductions to the rest of the team, the afternoon is your own and you’re free to explore the manor house, orchards and generally relaxing before a leisurely dinner is served at around 7.30pm
- You’ll enjoy a healthy evening meal
Days 2 – 4 – Initial consultation, morning walks, juice fasting, NLP sessions, hypnotherapy
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at 8am
- At 9am you will go on your invigorating daily morning walk which will take place in the woods, vineyards or fields surrounding the house
- The manor house where your holiday is based is set in stunning surroundings, and Charles, your host’s husband and guide for the walks is really knowledgeable about the region and keen to share is passion for the local surroundings during your walk
- Each day will be a different route and allows you to discover wonderful hidden areas that are only accessible by foot
- Enjoy a leisurely, healthy lunch at 12 o clock
- The afternoon is free until 4pm for you to spend as you please to have a rest or book a complimentary therapy (for an extra cost)
- The weight loss process can be tiring so you’re invited to find a quiet corner to relax and even take a well-deserved post-lunch siesta, in a hammock in the orchard, on a blanket by the pond or in the private courtyard – the grounds and house are open to explore and enjoy
- At 4 pm, the group usually gathers to begin an empowering Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) session
- NLP is an approach to communication, behaviour and language and how adapting one or all of these 3 components can help in achieving certain goals
- What Margaretha does in her NLP sessions is showcase simple, practical techniques and strategies to help dieters resist temptation, stick to their healthy eating plans but also to help them feel more on control of their eating habits
- The NLP session is followed by a deeply relaxing hypnotherapy sessions to aid each guest to achieve their weight loss goals
- The hypnotherapy session is focused on implanting subliminal suggestions in your mind that will help you get rid of food addictions, motivate you to choose healthy options, exercise regularly and on increasing each guest’s self-confidence and improving self-image
- The hypnotherapy is a safe, non-invasive tool which guests generally find incredibly calming and relaxing
- On day 2 you will meet with Dr Margaretha at 5.30pm for a personal assessment of your eating and exercise habits
- In the consultation you will discuss your personal weight loss goals which Margaretha then uses to create each guest’s bespoke weight loss programme for the week
- The hypnotherapy and NLP sessions are recommended by Margaretha as part of the weight loss programme but any guests can choose not to take part in these sessions if they prefer
- In the afternoon of day 3 at 5.30pm, you will be going to visit the Saint Mont wine co-operative, as well as the Saint Mont abbey and monastery dating from the 11th century and the medieval village nearby
- In the afternoon of day 4 at 5.30pm, you will be treated to a tutored wine tasting held by your host Charles who has a WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) diploma as well as many years’ experience in the wine industry
- In the evenings, you’ll enjoy another vegetable juice drink and most evenings there is an optional screening of a wellness DVD covering a variety of health and wellbeing topics or free time to relax
Day 5 –Departure day
- After breakfast guests are asked to check-out of their rooms by 11am ready for departure taking home with them a new revitalised, healthy mind and body
About Your Tutors
- Dr Margaretha Montegu and her husband Charles Montegu are the hosts and owners of this beautifully restored manor house in Gascony where the weight loss retreat takes place
- Margaretha is a fully qualified medical doctor, experienced in a variety of medical disciplines including Psychiatry, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Emergency Medicine
- She practiced medicine for 8 years in Jersey before moving to Gascony where she breeds horses and learnt more about equine assisted therapies
- Margaretha is also a qualified NLP certified practitioner, EAGALA certificate level 2 equine assisted therapist and experienced medical hypnotherapist
- She uses her many years of experience in traditional and alternative medicines from the different disciplines to offer all guests a personal, compassionate, proactive and down to earth treatment experience
- Margaretha first set up the weight loss retreats 5 years ago after having had experience with issues of weight loss herself she decided to set up a retreat combining her various therapy experiences
- Charles, Margaretha’s husband is a wine connoisseur who is passionate about the wine of the region and truly knowledgeable
- Charles holds a WSET (Wine and Spirits Education Trust) diploma and is also a vintner of the city of London
- He really knows his stuff and loves sharing his knowledge in informal yet insightful wine tastings for his guests
- Your hosts speak French and English but tutoring will be given in English
Who Are Our Guests?
- Holidays are typically made up of international travellers looking to de-stress, lose weight and return fitter and healthier from their holiday
- Ages vary, but the typical customer falls in to the 30-60 age bracket
- 80% of our guests travel solo
- Of course, everyone shares an interest in discovering a new activity, healthier lifestyle or revitalising experience
What Will I Learn?
- The tools to continue a new healthier way of eating and living
- The weight loss and exercise programme most suitable to tackle your own personal health/weight concerns
- A deeper understanding of NLP and hypnotherapy in tackling weight loss and correcting bad eating habits
- You will visit a local vineyard and learn the process of making wine and how to taste the region’s wines
- You will taste wines and learn to assess the merits of each wine as well as spot some common wine faults
- Your accommodation is set in a beautifully restored traditional manor house which is over 400 years old
- The manor house was traditionally a vineyard owners house and has a great historic feeling to it
- The manor house is surrounded by secluded vineyards, orchards, lush meadows and ancient woods and 12 acres of land
- The manor has its own natural fresh spring where guests can help themselves to water
- It is only 2km to the nearest village with a bistro and small grocery shop
- There is an elegant dining room with a marble fireplace, a small but well equipped gym, a swimming pool and an extensive library for guests to use
- Outside there are several informal seating areas in the garden, orchard and by the pond
- The manor house has 3 large double bedrooms with double and queen size beds as well as 2 single rooms
- All bedrooms have comfortable mattresses and hand-embroidered bed linen, as well as a seating area with a sofa and two chairs, a study area with a desk and chair, a safe and a small bar fridge filled with water from the garden spring
- Bathrooms have a selection of eco-friendly toiletries and towels
- Complementary Wi-Fi is available
- Accommodation is included for 4 nights / 5 days
- Check in any time after 4pm on day 1 and check out by 12 noon on day 5
- All meals are included during your 4 nights / 5 days stay at the manor
- Guests return home to eating a normal diet, they are more prepared to make healthy choices and it is not such a drastic change for the body
Optional Extra Treatments / Consulations / Massages
- There are a number of additional treatments and activities which can be booked
- Yoga, Pilates, Reiki, cranio-sacral therapy, homeopathy, equine-assisted life coaching, aromatherapy, gym sessions, horse riding and visits to local spas can also be arranged (at extra cost)
- The availability and price of additional sessions vary according to the type of therapy and the duration
- Prices start from £35-50 per session and can be booked and paid for during your stay
- Guests are advised to enquire and reserve therapy when they receive their pre-treatment program (2 weeks before their arrival)
- Margaretha has a private consultation with each guest on their second day of the retreat, but she is available to give additional consultations for a supplement which can be arrange during your stay
Free Time In France
- This walking, weight loss and wine tasting retreat is packed with activities and many guests find the weight loss process tiring but there is time to explore the surrounding area and local attractions
- There is a wide variety of activities to make the most of around Madiran, and guests are strongly encouraged to rent a car if they would like to explore these areas
- Ideas include water skiing, hiking, camel riding, cycling, mountain biking, canoeing on the Adour river, sailing on the lac de Plaisance, golfing in Pau, motor cycle racing, sightseeing, spa treatments and also various fêtes and festivals in surrounding towns
- Though equally catching up on sleep, relaxation and afternoon siestas is also encouraged!
Go learn to achieve a happier, healthier state of wellbeing, enjoying wonderful hospitality and wine tasting and the tools to make long term positive changes to your lifestyle on this walking, weight loss and wine tasting retreat unlike any other.