This is no ordinary language learning experience, you will not just be led through a text book but instead, living with your teacher means that you will be guided through the language at all times to really help develop your linguistic skills.
This intense method of learning a new language will have you thinking in as well as speaking Norwegian in no time at all and once you think in a different language, you will find that you can progress at a rapid pace.
All teachers are highly qualified and have either a teaching certificate recognised by the state, or a university degree (or equivalent) accepted in the private sector.
All qualifications are verified and the teachers’ homes are regularly and thoroughly inspected to ensure standards are maintained.
Although you are living with your teacher, you are of course free to come and go as you please so you have complete freedom on this learning holiday with a difference.
- Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced
- Minimum age 16
- Courses start on Sundays and run throughout the year
- You will have 20 hours of formal private lessons per week
- Outside of your formal lessons, you will be continuously immersed in the language
- Accommodation is included from Sunday to Sunday
- You may arrive any time on Sunday afternoon
- You will have your own private room but will share a bathroom
- You may be living with a single teacher, a couple or with a family
- You are completely free to come and go as you please
- All meals are included
- If you have any special dietary needs, please enter these in the special requests box during booking process
- Please note that a supplement for special dietary requirements, such as gluten free diets, halal, etc (not including vegetarians), will be charged during the booking process
- Please note that most teachers live a short distance outside the city centre
- Your host teacher’s home address and full details about your teacher and their interests will be given to you as soon as you have paid your balance 1 month before arrival
- Return airport transfers can be booked as an optional extra
- A local organiser is on hand to ensure the experience meets your expectations
- The local organiser is available 24 hours a day for emergencies, advice and support
- All courses include at least one outing with your teacher per week
- Tell us if you have any specific interests and where possible, you will be matched with a host teacher that shares your interests to enhance your learning experience
- If you have any preferences as to staying with a family, couple or single teacher please note these in the special request box and these will be accommodated where possible
- You have the option to book a special exam preparation or specific vocabulary package
- Your teacher will design a course to prepare you for an exam or with specialised vocabulary and technical terms, in areas such as medicine, engineering, law, computing, architecture, tourism etc.
- To book 2 people sharing a room, an accompanying person sharing a room without lessons or to take this course if you are travelling with children (babysitting can be arranged), please email email@example.com for assistance
Go learn to speak Norwegian on this unique course where you live-in with your teacher to fully immerse yourself in the language and culture of Norway.