Located in an enchanting boutique Riad the Maison du Sud in the centre of bustling Essaouira this excellent photography school in Morocco which is just 300m from the beach was established by Darren your photography tutor who has been teaching photography for over 25 years.
The photography school is located in a stunning Moroccan Riad that has been luxuriously renovated into a Moorish style boutique-hotel, carefully selected by your host and tutor who has been visiting and photographing the area for over 20 years it will provide a perfect base for your photography holiday right in the heart of the old city.
If you are looking for a photography holiday with a difference, you can also take part in Moroccan cookery classes during your stay, taught by Darren’s wife Naima and her mother Sara, both of whom grew up in Essaouira. The cooks have an extensive knowledge of local Moroccan cuisine and traditional methods of cooking to produce delicious authentic dishes using local spices and ingredients.
Your hosts and tutors are dedicated to making you feel at home in Morocco and to rapidly improving your photography skills and if you choose to book the combined cooking and photography course, you’ll be introduced to the delicious local Moroccan cuisine through the cookery classes all in a fun and friendly environment.
Darren’s passion and understanding will help you experience true Moroccan culture on the stunning Atlantic Ocean through a lens and with 1 photography instructor to a maximum of 8 students, you'll be assured personal attention and have the opportunity to progress your photography whatever your level from complete beginner to advanced.
A vibrant and relaxed town Essaouira is a rich with history and culture a recognised UNESCO world heritage site. The mix of whitewashed fishing ports, bright North African technicolor and picture-postcard ramparts has been the inspiration for artists the world over particularly for musicians and photographers helping to give the town its unique creative atmosphere especially at the time of international music festivals.
Your course will begin at your Riad in the old city where your photography tutor will take you out to explore the outstanding photographic opportunities on hand and will show you all the hidden treasures that this captivating area of Morocco has to offer.
Whether you choose a photography holiday or photography and cooking course, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the laid back and artistic Moroccan culture discovering the charm of the coastal town of Essaouira.
- Ideal location, just 300 metres from Essaouira beach in the heart of the Medina
- 2.5 hours from Morocco, transfers are included in the price (between the hours of 3-8pm)
- A safe and friendly coastal city with a small town feel
- Accommodation and courses in a beautiful boutique style Moroccan Riad , the Maison du Sud
- Sunny roof terrace with views of the sea and the roof of the Mellah (walled Jewish quarter of the city) providing the perfect place to sit back and relax with a Moroccan mint tea
- Friendly and qualified photography tutor with 25 years’ experience
- Knowledgeable native mother and daughter cookery team
- Central location with Wi-Fi available in the downstairs lounge and restaurant and incredible hospitality
- Many facilities nearby including the outdoor markets, restaurants and cafes
- Soak up local life wandering the Souks to the exotic spirit of Morocco
0845 625 0445
or +44 (0) 208 144 5990
Read what the press have to say about GoLearnTo.com's learning holidays here...
Read our travel blog for holiday ideas and the latest travel industry news.
Pin it, Facebook
Copyright 2013 GoLearnTo Limited. All Rights Reserved | 24 York Mews, London, NW5 2TJ | email@example.com | +44 (0) 845 625 0445 | skype: golearnto.com
Website development by The Technology Studio