About the location
Tastefully restored to a high specification whilst retaining its original rustic charm, this beautiful South facing French farmhouse is intimate and idyllic.
A new terrace has been added aptly named the 'ruin terrace' set around the ruins of a traditional village house and boasts stunning views across the village. In the summer, enjoy a spell in the hot tub on the terrace for exclusive use of the residents and cookery school guests. All rooms are very comfortably furnished in keeping with the village style and have heating, air conditioning and access to the terrace.
Tucked away in the village of Gramont surrounded by breathtaking views of the idyllic Gascony countryside and centrally located just 50 minutes from Toulouse and less than 2 hours from Bordeaux, Bergerac and Carcassonne; this beautiful farmhouse is the ideal base for exploring this stunning area of South West France.
The region is highly acclaimed for its exquisite gastronomic cuisine such as foie gras, confit and gabure accompanied by the delights of the local Rose wine and Armagnac, making it the perfect place to taste and experience some of the best French cuisine in France.
Your Chefs David and Bernard are passionate about food and wine from the area. During your French cooking classes either in the main house kitchen or in the professional kitchen of the Auberge ("French Farmhouse Restaurant") which is a few minutes from your accommodation, you’ll have the pleasure of cooking seasonally with fresh food you’ve purchased yourself from the local French market.
Rich in natural beauty, culture, heritage and history and surrounded by gastronomic and wine delights, this French cookery course promises not only a culinary experience but also a cultural one. With a heavy focus on fun, your chefs will enthusiastically guide you through to help you learn to cook local dishes from the Gason region.
Get ready to say "yes chef" and experience a little piece of cooking heaven in the heart of Gascony in South West France.
- Recommended in guidebook by guru Alastair Sawday
- Only 50 minutes from Toulouse in the village of Gramont
- Stay in a tastefully restored French farmhouse
- All rooms are twin/doubles with private bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Just 5 guest rooms in the main house all with stunning South facing views with a gite next door for B&B guests
- Wi-fi available in the house but not in the guest bedrooms
- Your hosts have a cocker spaniel dog who is allowed in the house but never in the kitchen nor guest bedroom
- Terrace with breathtaking views
- Cook with one English and one French acclaimed chefs within the region
- Use locally grown, seasonal ingredients
- Taste wine produced locally
- A short walk from the local honey museum
- A few minutes from the Chateau de Gramont
- Set in the region acclaimed for its duck and goose dishes, Armagnac and Rose wine
- Fun and enthusiastic hosts your chefs David and Bernard and David's wife Vikki will help make your stay a memorable one
- Cooking school featured in the Sunday Times and recommended as one of the 'must do' weekends in conjunction with www.GoLearnTo.com
- Also featured and highly acclaimed in Waitrose magazine
- Special themed patisserie courses and butchery courses also on offer