Whatever your level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Granada, Spain with Flamenco dance lessons is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
You will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
In the afternoon, put on your dancing shoes and learn to dance to the fiery rhythm of Flamenco, taught by highly qualified and passionate instructors.
Immerse yourself in the local culture and progress rapidly practising your new found language and dance skills in your free time.
- Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to advanced on all dates in 2015
- Flamenco lessons are suitable for all levels (Please note dance lessons will be held in Spanish)
- Minimum age 16
Who Are Our Guests?
- People come from all over the world and you’ll never be placed in a class with just English speakers so that you use the language you are learning rather than resorting to chatting in English
- Ages vary, but the typical language learner falls in to the 20-60 age bracket though we have no age limit and we’ve had guests in their 70s and 80s studying languages with us
- During the summer and in university holiday times the average age typically drops and there are many guests in their 20s
- Over 90% of our language learners travel solo and every school organises social and cultural activities to help you get to know others at the school outside of class
- Of course, everyone shares a passion or interest in discovering a new language and culture
- The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
- Spanish courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
- If you choose our optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
- Students can stay more than one week - please contact us on email@example.com
- Spanish classes run daily Monday through to Friday each week
- Classes start at 9am
- You will have 4 group classes per day lasting 45 minutes each
- You will have a short break between each class
- Flamenco lessons will be scheduled around your language lessons
- Flamenco classes will be held at a local dance centre, please note a handling fee is included in the price of this package
- You will have 3 Flamenco lessons per week lasting 90 minutes each
What Will I Learn?
- The language lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- You’ll focus on the four main language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- In the dance lessons, you will learn about the different dance techniques of Sevillanas Flamenco.
- Master your compàs and palmas skills; the use of feet, voice and clapping to accompany Flamenco dance
- How to identify the various Flamenco rhythms
What Should I Wear For The Dance Lessons?
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move easily in
- Wear shoes suitable for dancing, ideally with a sturdy, low heel
- The school offers a host of optional cultural activities and seminars throughout the week
- You will have the chance to take part in different activities such as tapas tours and excursions
- You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax on this learning holiday with a difference
- Please arrive at the school by 8.30am on your first day for a short level test
- This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
- We recommend you bring a small dictionary with you
- This school offers transfers to and from Granada airport for an additional charge; you can book transfers during the booking process
- This school offers additional Spanish lessons in the afternoon that can be pre-booked or booked on arrival if there is availability (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
- This school offers optional accommodation
- Please note that this school charges a compulsory course enrolment fee, this is not included in the price and will be charged as an extra during the booking process
Pursue your passion for language and dance with others from around the globe and immerse yourself in the local culture.